Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A New Addition

Well, something happened this morning. Actually, it started last night. We noticed that something just had to change. So, we slept through the night and this morning I got up and made Darin a good breakfast and got the car ready. I spent the day doing a lot of waiting and talking to the guys in charge back and forth and back and forth. Darin was laid up suffering through the waiting and long periods of time on the telephone. Finally, I came back home to tie up a few loose ends and at around 5pm today it happened, we made a new addition to the Hallam household. We took care of all the little bits and pieces and finally welcomed home our bright and beautiful brand new......minivan! Yes, that's right we have crossed over to the dark side and suckered you in with us along the way. So tell me...how many of you thought that I was telling you that we finally had miss Kinsey? Well, sorry to dissapoint, but we do have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to tell us whether or not we're going to stick with the March 8 date, or maybe move it up to this Friday. We're not sure - be praying...we'd love for it to be moved up to this week. We're sooooo ready.

So on to what happened with the minivan. Last night we tried to put the carseat into the back seat of the Honda Accord. We tried it behind the driver's seat which would not work when I'm sitting there, and we tried it behind the passenger seat which would have put Darin WAY too close to the passenger airbag, and my long freakin' legs would never fit there. Bottom line...either the car seat that we have is too big, or the back seat of the Accord is too small. We could have fit the seat in without the locking base, but that would have been a pain to do every time. But before I sound like we went out and bought a minivan to wrap around a carseat, Darin and I have been talking about the minivan or mid sized SUV option for a while, but we noticed the date and the time of the month and decided it would be a pretty good time to go and try to get a good deal at the dealership. As it turns out we were right...they made us a great deal and we worked out only slightly different each month than we were with Accord. I spent the time this morning at the Honda store and we got a new Odyssey. The mid-sized SUV's posed the same problems with space that the Accord did. Anyway, I thought it would be funny to pull your leg a little bit tonight. Thanks for humoring me. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I can take a picture during the daylight hours.

2 comments:

Darren Bravenec said...

you are a trickster Douglas and even though it was a joke it was a good one, well hopefully you did look at the vehicles gas mileage as a key factor considering I only get 12mpg anyhow that's my problem and gongradulations on ya'lls new ride!

Anonymous said...

That was a cruel cause we so want kinsey to be here but she is not ready yet. But that is ok yall have joined the society of mad moms in the minivan or mad dads in the minivan who ever is driving. but I bet yall look cute in it. what kind of car seat do you have a space ship. Congrats on the new minivan. I love reading your blog its neat to hear what's going on.

tina