I'm so excited. Today was good at the cafe. I did a fine job and could do well there, but God had different plans. This evening when I got home, Val called from Hill Country Bible Church Northwest and offered me a job! I'm still kindof blown away by the whole deal. It's a temporary part-time job on the Northwest campus. There is no promise that it will extend past 8 weeks, but at least for 8 weeks I will be working around some great people on the inside. I can get a job waiting tables anytime, but it's great to think that for now I can do some work with the folks at the church. I'm still going to interview with Target, talk to the guys at Starbucks, and hope for the job to come through at Dell, but even so, Val told me that they would work with my schedule! It's about 2 days a week which she said could turn into 4 half days a week, and she'll even work with my scheduled days off during the week if I end up working shift work! How cool is that! It's so cool the way God opens doors. This one happens to have a time line, but I think that it is a great fit for now!
So more pictures you want? I'll give you a couple more pictures today - we haven't put the baby room completely together yet, but it's getting there and we haven't taken any pictures of it yet but we will. Since people seem to like seeing me put things together, here's another one of those:

And next, who wouldn't like to see me in a cage?:

More to come, but now it's off to child birthing class. Gotta learn what's coming round the bend! Our love to all!
DAH - 2+
3 comments:
Isn't God good! Good for you Douglas, once you get there and show them the Douglas show the few weeks will turn into something full time. How can they not love you as much as we all do(of course we have been accused of being a tad biased but I don't see it.)I too say bring on the pictures I can't wait to look everyday to see what you guys have posted.I'm so excited about everything that is happening for you guys right now keep blogging.
Love you both- Franki
Hey I have a picture that rivals these - Kurt putting together that stinkin Little Tykes Police Car for Jacob's First Christmas (with his dad helping!)
Way to go on the job thing. It's good to hear you will be at church again :)
Hey Douglas, glad to finally find out how youv'e been. I had been wandrering about you and Darin and I am so glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby when it gets here.
love you guys god bless
Post a Comment