The job search has been a rather taxing operation as of late. There are so many employers out there and so many jobs to choose from, but you never really know what's going to pan out. I'm usually one that they tell me is "overqualified." How can that be? What makes someone "over" qualified to do something? It would seem to me that if you meet the right criteria, you're qualified. That's pretty frustrating. I guess that's just their way of saying that we need someone who isn't going to be looking for another position.
Well, I have interviewed a lot over the past month and that's gotten a little old too. But none-the-less I am pressing on with the help of all of you out there who are tirelessly praying for Darin and I during this process. This past week I interviewed twice with Dell, once at DSW Shoes, once at a restaurant, put in applications at several starbucks locations, and I actually have a decent idea that one or more of these could work out. I start at the restaurant tomorrow morning. This could end up being a good fit because they are only open for breakfast and lunch from 6am to 3pm. Those are decent hours, but I would definitely be required to work some Sunday mornings which would be tough, and waiters only make $3 per hour plus tips. I got a call this afternoon from Starbucks, and it looks like the store around the corner from us would like to hire me. This could be a good fit because of the flexible schedule and the longer hours of operation. They also pay better and give full benefits to people who work 20 hours per week or more. If the call back with them goes well on Thursday, I'll likely take that job. DSW Shoes could work, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm still hoping to hear back from Dell this week. I was told on Friday that a decision would be made about the postion that I intervied for by the end of this week.
So now you know that if you're ever in the area and need breakfast or lunch that 620 Bakery and Cafe is the place to stop! I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully not much longer after that, but you know, God has a way of putting you where he wants you, and considering that at this point he has provided a job for me to get started in and immediately earn some income for my family, I'm going to jump on it and work at it with all my heart since, after all, we are told in Colossians 3:23 & 24 I'm working for the Lord Jesus, and not for men.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just look at it this way, waiting tables at the cafe will help you practice for when you will need to serve your wifey after Kinsey comes! Come to think of it, you should just start serving her now, that would give you lots of practice! (Darin paid me to say that)
Ahh,Kinsey's room is adorable. It was so great to see you all this weekend. And you both are going to be awesome parents. You both are truly special people and it shows in everything you do. We are blessed to know you. Thanks for sharing your life with us. I am glad you found something to start with hopefully soon you will find your right fit in a job I have faith it will happen. Please put more pictures on so we can see the room when it is finished. Cute pic of douglas and the crib.
Post a Comment