Ok, so we have got the world's greatest friends. Douglas led worship this morning at HCBC and Keith and Barie were introduced as the new church plant residents. K&B did great and they are already huge hits - very long line to shake their hand afterward :-)
And Douglas was terrific - as his wife, I'm entirely unbiased when I tell you that he did a fantastic job. It's so awesome to see your husband fulfilling God's call on his life and using his gifts. The guy is just so talented and I'm so blessed by his ability to lead us into awesome times of worship. Everyone we saw really enjoyed having him and it sounds like he will be able to do this frequently. We already love this church and church family so much for giving him the opportunity to serve so quickly. And we know he will be learning so much from the worship leaders here.
AND THEN during the offering I see some movement out of the corner of my eye and I look over and see Tiara and I think, "hmmmm I know her" and then I look back and see a gaggle of Ovillans coming to sit down. There are very few moments in life when one's mouth actually falls open in amazement and this was one of those times. All of these people we love and miss, who were all faithful servants in ours and Keith's ministries at FBO, and they braved the icy roads and 2 1/2 hr drive to come down to support us!! Wow. Of all of the amazing gifts God has given us over the last few years, this group of people is at the top of the list. I just kept looking over there in awe. And then we all went for Mexican food and got to hang out. What an awesome Sunday!!!
Thank you to all of you who came down - your love and support is amazing and we hold you all so close to our hearts!!!
I have to try to pull my husband away from the Olympics now so we can get some sleep!
-Darin
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hey.good to hear you guys are doing good. not much here in Germany. Just living it up doin God's will. Hope to see some more pics of Austin. Love u guys
Well, we were also truly blessed by having made the trip. Just know that anytime you need some support from a familiar face, we will be there!
I know that was a real surprise. I am just glad it didn't start labor!!!!!
Yvonne
What a great day that was so much fun!! You are right Douglas did a great job and I think it did everyone good to be together and to be so happy. Get some rest today, I'm sure yesterday wore you out.
Love ya- Franki
Post a Comment