Friday, February 17, 2006

My life is about to change.



Well, here we go. She's going to arrive and it's time to be ready for that to happen. I can't tell you how excited I am about it all. I love kids, and they usually like me pretty well, so I think that it goes without saying that I'm glad to have a kid of my own, but wow! It is getting so close!

I know that I am head over heels for her because I've already started fighting for her and she's only still inside Mommy. This picture is of me putting together the crib that we paid to have put together. The delivery guy showed up and laid all the parts out on the floor and threw the directions off to the side. All this after telling me that he had never put one of these together! I got rid of him and got the refund on the delivery/assembly fee and started on the process of building a crib from parts. Oh well - I've come to realize that this is my world and this is my life - working with Darin to make sure that all things are set in motion so that someone else (Kinsey) can have the best chance at success and happiness possible. Weird how things shift from worrying so much about whether or not YOU are set up for success and happiness, and suddenly someone else's success and happiness takes center stage.

The house is ready. The nursery is almost ready (we ordered the rocking glider in time for the 6-8 week delivery only to find out that it's really more like 10-12 weeks). I won't say that the car is ready, because we don't have the carseat yet, but everything seems to be adding up to ready to have a baby here. I know that people do it all the time, and we'll be great at it - it's just a scarry thing and I'm sure that things will get more scarry by the minute between now and 18 yrs from now. But , more than being scared, I'm just plain excited. I'm excited to see her, I'm excited to hold her, I'm excited to watch her sleep, eat, grow, talk, run, and yes, I'm even excited to put together all of her cool contraptions. Darin just has to keep me aware of watching my words when I'm putting things together since we probably don't want her first word to be "crap!" (But seriously, could they make things any harder to build?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Douglas- You are soooo sweet, I think she is going to be a very lucky girl to have you for a Daddy!! Your blog has got me so excited I can't stand it, I'm realy glad you guys decided to do this now we won't feel so far away.You are so right about how scarry it is and I wish I could tell you it got better but it does not(only worse they become teenagers!!!!!)Have fun and keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is great. All the fun of having a baby is learning how to put together all the equipment they need. And boy do they need a lot. Trust me.

Love ya,

Denise

Anonymous said...

New stuff is do much fun. And then the new baby comes. That is more than fun. That is a life experience none surpassed!!

And yes they can make things harder to build!! Just wait!!

Yvonne

Hallam Fam News said...

Kim - that's hysterical! i'm glad to know i'm not the only person who has hairbrained ideas while pregnant!