Well, I am hoping that this is a sign that she's really on her way - I started nesting today. Don't get me wrong, I've had the desire to nest for quite a while, but my energy level just hasn't been cooperating. But today it all kicked into gear. Unfortunately, having a job has been a bit of a hindrance :-). I've literally been on conference calls back to back since noon, so all of my nesting had to be complete this morning. I did some organizing and cleaning and laundry - gosh baby clothes are just so soft!!!
So I promise to have some nursery pictures soon - we're waiting to finish up a few things before it's camera-ready :-) BUT - here's a sight that made me smile today. Apparently Douglas and I aren't the only ones who are crazy about our glider :)

This morning I "interviewed" a local pediatrician. It was a pretty cool setup - they had several prenatal parents in there and she told us all about herself and the clinic and gave us a tour. It's such a fun place - all the rooms have themes and cool murals and everything is very kid-friendly. And I like that they have a sick side and a well side for checking in so there's a semi-germ free zone :-).
Well, tomorrow at 11:30am is our ultrasound. Please pray that she will be heads down and that my body has started progressing towards labor. I'm not trying to rush God's timing, but it would be nice to get this show on the road!!!
I have a really awesome husband. Most of you know that already, but what you probably don't know is how much he has really taken care of me and done all he can to make me comfortable in the pregnancy. I haven't done dishes or cooked in weeks/months, he totally took over all the gross cat duties from day one, and last night he even helped me put on my warm socks because bending over was putting me totally out of breath. And lately he's been making the supreme sacrifice of attending childbirth classes - once a week for 4 weeks, 2 1/2 hrs at a time. What a trooper! I can't imagine what pregnancy is like for a husband - the wife gets all the attention, all of the cute new clothes, and all of the "taking it easy" requirements, and he's sort of in the shadow of it all. He ends up doing a ton of work and no one ever asks how he's feeling or if he's getting enough rest. Anyway, I want to publicly thank him for being such an awesome husband - I could not have done all of this without him and he means the world to me. I know he's going to be a truly amazing Dad. (and next time you talk to him, ask if he's getting enough rest because I have heard a rumor that I snore now).
And now a few shallow comments - I'm so addicted to American Idol!! I even like watching the really really awful people (seriously, the CopaCabana guy needs to be relocated immediately to a low-rent cruise ship). Right now I'm pulling for Mandisa and Chris. Also, the Dancing with the Stars finale is tonight - I will miss watching Drew & Stacey, they are both really talented and they work so hard to learn those dances!! And finally, for those of you who know me well, I love Martha Stewart. I don't care what anyone says, I think she's awesome. And if you've read lately what Donald Trump said about her, I think it just proves that he is NOT a gentleman at all and that money cannot buy class (or good hair).
That's all for me - love to you all!
5 comments:
So, now you have the energy to come up and clean my house, right? I am too busy packing to waste time cleaning!
Oooooo, your glider looks so comfy! Like I could just curl up and take a nap. I will break it in really well for you, K?
Douglas will be fine. Just don't forget to let him have one on one time with Kinsey. I know Kurt loves the nights he gets with Jacob for "Big Boy Night".
And hold your horses on the shipping of Crappacabana boy off on a cruise ship - I don't want him ending up on ours! My picks - Mandisa and Ace. I have not watched the others, but hey, Amazing Race starts while we are out of town, do NOT ruin it for me before I get to see it. I will throw something large and painful in your general direction!
Darin does Martha know you are her number one fan?Douglas is lucky to have you(and you to have him), lets hope the baby gets here soon it is all getting to mushy for me. I am loveing Ameican Idol also really the whole family is but it makes me feel sorry for the losers. Plus why does that one guy not dye his gray hair?
Love ya- Franki
Darin, you both are so cute. I think that is so special when a husband is there in everyway for his wife especially right now. And I know that you a ready for kinsey to be here. Love the picture of douglas in the crib i mean cage.so cute! I love the dancing w/stars drew & stacy they are great. And I love martha tooooo. We have a battle at lunch time at work the boys like to watch family fued and me & my friend would much rather watch Martha. so who ever gets in there first gets to pick. Go Martha, Go Martha! Can't wait to see kinsey.
Love ya all, Tina L.
it's so fun to get comments :-) - dionne, i would never spoil AR for you - it's only the greatest show!!!
franki - martha doesn't know, but i just know we'd be good friends if she could only meet me!!! i don't know why that guy doesn't dye his hair, i would think that would be the first thing!!! and then the pre-pubescent boy with the lisp - get that fixed dude!!!
tina - you and i are kindred spirits! martha rocks and i just can't decide between drew & stacy!!
hey. hope evrything is good with u guys. i read nesting and thought it was gross.....then i think i figured out what it meant and it isnt gross. u canvisit me at www.xanga.com/joseph_s_graves
Post a Comment