Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hi everyone! Kinsey here. Well, I wish I could say that things are going great, but right now Daddy and I are not feeling good. I don't know what we have, but it comes with fever and tiredness and lots of snot and sore throats. I hope it goes away soon.

Even though I don't feel good, I'm still up to some of my favorite tricks. This is my new game. I love to go into the pantry and tell Mommy and Daddy "Goodnight, See you in the morning!" And then I close the door and in a few seconds I come out and say "WAIT! I need something. I need some tomatoes." It's always tomatoes that I need. Then I go back inside and come back out in a few more seconds and say "Good morning!" Mommy says this is very weird behavior, but I like it and I do it like a hundred times in a row.
So the following are two very overdue pictures - this is when my friends Mr. Mike and Mrs. Nikki came to our house to play Dance, Dance Revolution. You will remember Mr. Mike and Mrs. Nikki from my birthday when I went to their house to ride horses! Anyway, they came to play this dance game and we had a lot of fun. Let me recap the last week of my life for you :-). The big news around here is that my Big Girl Room is finally coming together. Mommy and Daddy have been talking about it for a long time and we are finally putting it together! I am really excited about it and we've been playing in it every day! On Thursday, Nana and Pops came over and Daddy and Pops took the grown-up bed out of the room and put it in the garage so I would have space for my big girl stuff.

My bed started out in a lot of pieces...

Pops and Daddy did a great job getting all the pieces together, but they needed my help for the last part... So once it was all put together, I demanded to get in it with my friends. It was really fun to play like it was night-night time.

When it was actually time to go to sleep, there was no way I was sleeping in there, so my sweet family moved everything back to my baby room and decided to give me a few days to get used to the new space.

Meanwhile, there's still a lot to do in the room. Nana has been working really hard on my drapes. They have a blackout liner so I can be really cozy in my room. And Daddy and Mommy got me this really cool lamp with flowers. It has a purple one and a pink one and a green one! So there are still a few other things that need to come together before it's finished, but I wanted you to see the progress.

This sick business started late in the day on Friday. I was fine before that. Mommy went to a scrapbooking party for ladies on Friday night and Daddy and I went on our first official "Daddy-Kinsey date". Here's me dressed up for him :-) Mommy was having a hard time getting me to stand still and smile because I kept saying "Let's go on our date Daddy!"I got to ride in Daddy's truck!!! Here we are going on our date. Daddy asked me what I wanted to do on our date and I said I wanted to look at some books. So he took me to the mall and we went to Barnes and Noble! We looked at a bunch of books and then he asked what I wanted for dinner and I told him I wanted breakfast for dinner. So he took me to the Cracker Barrel. I had pancakes with blackberry syrup on them! Yummy! Anyway, about that time, I started feeling icky so Daddy brought me home and figured out I had a fever :-(.

Saturday was pretty blah - I spent most of the day (and the night before) on the couch with Mommy watching The Wiggles and Boz and drinking lots of juice. Then Saturday afternoon my Obi and CC and Nana and Pops all came to see me. It was really fun to have them all here at once. Then Mommy and Nana and CC went to a party for Baby Taggart. Mommy said the party was a real blessing because she got to spend time with a lot of ladies she loves and they brought some really awesome stuff for Baby Taggart. And I thought the coolest part was that two of her friends, Kelly and Tiffany, brought presents for ME, too! How cool is that?? Here are a couple of pics from the party and then a slideshow :)

Oh, Mommy wanted me to warn you that she is making some seriously goofy pictures in these photos. Apparently baby clothes make Mommys all smiley and crazy-faced!

No comments: