Thursday, August 17, 2006

I can sit up by myself!!!




Well, by myself for a minute or so anyway! What a big day for me! I've been sitting with help for a long time now, but I haven't been able to hold myself up for more than a couple of seconds until today! I've really been working on those core muscles and I think it's paying off! I guess this is a big deal because Mommy and Daddy were very excited. Then Nana and Pops came over and Pops said next I'd be crawling (whatever that is) and Mommy said No! She's not ready for me to move around yet! Hmmm - there must be some really good stuff I can get messed up in or she wouldn't be so nervous about me getting mobile. I've been wondering about those cool boxes the cats go in and out of. Can't wait to find out what's in there! And now that I'm sitting up, I see all kinds of things I want to grab and stick in my mouth. I've got to research more about this "crawling" thing!!


So I don't know if you know this, but I am not alone here with Mommy and Daddy. There are 3 other fuzzy things that live here with us! The white one has been sniffing me lately and sometimes she brushes up against my toes. That feels funny! And this week the grey one let me pet him! He was pretty cool until I grabbed a handful of his super-soft fur!

I'm also really working my back muscles with some serious tummy time.
Lately I've gotten very into books. There are so many cool pictures and I really like trying to make the pages turn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that seahorse! That is the greatest, put me down for one for Christmas!

And since when did it become acceptable for someone who is scared to death of birds to start whistling at her daughter like tweety?

Congratulations Kinsey, and next time I see you, I will help you out with that crawling thing (I owe your mommy and daddy quite a bit for the things they helped Jacob and Emma learn!)