Friday, August 04, 2006

Hey everybody, I'm 5!!!!

Hi everyone, this is Kinsey. Mommy's typing for me because my fingers are still a little spastic - and right now they're in my mouth. This weekend I turned the big 5 -well 5 months old that is. Where HAS the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was turning 4 months old. Geez! Back then I hadn't even discovered my toes yet and now I can get them in my mouth - man, I was so young!

This was such a big month for me - we had a bunch of teenagers here for Backyard Bible Club - wow teenagers are cool! Then my Daddy turned 28 - that's soooooo old - I mean he's practically 30! I got to spend a good long weekend with my Uncles and my Aunt and my grandparents in Huntsville to celebrate his old age. That was cool! Also this month I got to see my friends Emma and Jacob a couple of times and Kamden and Kade, too. They are all so cool - they are the best big kids! And then last week my friends Riley and Luke came over with their mommies and gave Mommy some "much-needed girl time", whatever that is. Seems to me we have girl time all day every day! My new best friend Kale isn't even born yet - I'm so ready for him to be born so we can play - I have a lot to teach him already.

I'm really into music these days. The coolest is when Daddy plays guitar and I get to sit by him. This week I started trying to sing with him. Also, I'm really digging the music in my travel swing these days. There's a whale and a fish and if I pull on them, music comes on. And my bouncer does the same thing when I pull on the bumblebee and the bear. I have so much power! I'm definitely going to be a great singer!

And I've started helping out a lot in the kitchen. I like to sit in my Bumbo seat and help Mommy and Daddy cook and clean up. I'm learning a lot. Maybe I'll be a chef, too. Mommy wanted me to tell you all that I've been napping so much better now and she and Daddy are so proud of me. I don't see what the big deal is - I took an hour and a half nap this morning and she cheered for me when I woke up. What a nutcase - it's just sleep! Anyway, she says I'm finally "getting it" which is funny because the truth is, Mommy and Daddy are finally getting it - how to get me calmly to sleep that is. It took them a while, but I think they are figuring it out.

So today Daddy put together my big girl stroller. Mommy says I will still use the carseat stroller a lot because it's easier to keep me in my car seat sometimes, but this stroller makes me feel really grown up and I have a lot more room to move around and it has speakers for Mommy to play me cool tunes while we go walking. So here's a picture of me in it:

Anyway, here are some more pictures from my "photo shoot". Thanks to the Haizlips for the way cool outfit by the way :)


No comments: