Friday, March 24, 2006

Hello all! It's Friday night and we're here back at home with Kinsey after going to the opening of an art exhibit at church. Since Monday, things have gotten very busy. I started work back up on Monday and it's really pretty fun. I was off on Tuesday and Wednesday, but back to work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday - 5am to 12noon. Was anyone else surprised to find out that there was a time as early as 4:15am? I'm learning the ropes pretty quickly. It's pretty fun working there - the time goes by really fast because things are so busy! I'm very sorry to all of the folks back in Ovilla who can't believe that I suddenly work at Starbucks after moving to Austin. Today (thanks to Grammy) happened to be "take your daughter to work day."

Kinsey has been working on her microphone holding so that when she's on American Idol, 2025, she'll be ready for it.


We'll post more this weekend, but I just wanted to give you a couple of shots and ask you to keep praying for us. We're working on nursing right now, and Kinsey is having to unlearn some bottle habits and try to learn new ones. Evidently she's an "old dog" even at 20 days. It's really tough on mom teaching Kinsey the new tricks at 3am after not sleeping well. We just need you to pray for strength and multiplied rest when our heads do hit the pillow.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing from you guys soon! All are welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy,
I sure had a good time saying you all last weekend. I was very encouraged.
It was also great to finally check out the picture of Kinsey in her Peruvian garb. Viva Peru.

Anonymous said...

Hi Darin and Douglas. Sitting here with Ganny showing her your blog. Can't wait to see Kinsey
Love,
Rita, Gary, Ashley, Marie, & Bill

Marni said...

I firmly believe Starbucks to be a gift from God Himself. He exhibits His awesome love to me everytime I order and then savor a Cinnamon Dolce Latte!! :)

As one from Ovilla, I'm not surpried you work there, I'm jealous you work there!!! Cool music, PHENOMENAL coffee breaks and you get to have your beautiful baby girl come visit. Life looks good for you my friend :)

Paul and I talked about Kinsey at lunch yesterday. I told him she looks like such a beautiful baby in all the pictures you guys have posted. Paul says I should see her in person. The pictures don't do her justice :)

Please know I am praying for Darin and Kinsey and their roller coaster adventure with nursing. I went through that ride myself with Lindsay and I know it's rough. I'm also asking God to give ALL of you sufficient rest while Kinsey and mommy adjust to new habits.

We miss you guys alot. We hope to be able to see you soon on our next trip to Bastrop to see Dane's sister. Take care.

Much love,

Marni

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!! Hey I have a present for your Cutie Pie! Send me the new address ASAP!!!! - Renee'-

Anonymous said...

Darin and Douglas, Kinsey is to to adorable. Your Mom sent me directions on how to respond to you all. This e-mail stuff is a little challenging to say the least,
Hope you got the gift we sent,
Love Judy and Tom