Monday, March 20, 2006

Hello everyone! All is well here in Round Rock. Kinsey is doing great and still makes her Mommy and Daddy smile a thousand times a day! Here's a picture of her in an outfit Douglas bought for her on his trip to Peru last year.



















We had a really good weekend. On Saturday morning, Paul came down from Ovilla and took Kinsey and I over to Barie's while Douglas was at work, and then he met us there. We had a really nice visit with Bobbie and her friend Pam, and of course we had fun with Keith and Barie and the boys. Kam and Kade are so sweet with Kinsey, it's really too cute!










































Then Saturday evening, Rob, Paula, and Nathan came down from Carollton and spent the night with us. Nathan has gotten so big! Unfortunately I'm a doofus and was too focused on getting our taxes done to take any pictures of Nathan - I will have to ask for some from Paula. Here's a link to their website so you can see how precious Nathan is now - http://www.robandpaulacorbello.com/

Sunday morning Keith preached at the Georgetown church plant of Hill Country Bible and it was Kinsey's first church service. She did great - she slept through some seriously loud praise & worship, and only woke up and got fussy toward the end of Keith's sermon.

It's working out really well to have Kinsey sleeping in her bassinet in our room. She's getting up to eat every 3 hrs or so and it's really handy to be able to pick her up quickly and go fix her bottle. She's so cute in her sleeper outfits!!














Today, Kinsey and I had our first day on our own while Douglas went to work and all the grandparents were back to their regular lives and responsibilities. We had some fun, and I realized why so many moms say they can't get anything done with a baby at home :-). I'm really working on learning to do things one-handed as she tends to demand attention while I need to do something trivial like eat lunch.

I'm not sure what she was doing here in the bouncer, but I thought it was a pretty funny pose.



















So we had a nice morning and then Douglas came home from feeding the caffeine addictions of the world and they had another nice nap together. The last picture of them sleeping together was such a hit, I thought I'd attach another. I love seeing them snuggle!!














So, in personal news, breastfeeding still is not going well. I'm doing EVERYTHING imaginable and I haven't given up yet, but it's not currently looking too promising. After talking with the pediatrician, I started taking an herb called Fenugreek that is supposed to increase milk supply. The lactation consultant suggested taking Blessed Thistle along with the Fenugreek, and the lady at the health food store also said Alfalfa can help so I'm downing herb pills all day. But I really like to get my advice from highly trained experts, so Friday morning I watched Regis & Kelly and Kelly was talking about how she drank Guiness Extra Stout beer while she was breastfeeding because something in the dark beer really increases milk supply. So I checked it out on some online breastfeeding sites and with the lactation consultant and both confirmed that dark beers can help. So, I'm now quite the lush - ha! I have never been a big fan of beer, but as my brother-in-law said, Guiness is like "beer you chew" it's so thick. It's really gross, but if there's a chance that it will work, I'm willing to try it. I've talked to several ladies here at the church who also had trouble breastfeeding and eventually quit because their milk just never came in - I guess on the one hand it's good to know that it's not just me who has trouble, but on the other hand, I would love to talk to someone who tried all this stuff I'm doing and actually had success! I know whatever happens it will be ok - there are plenty of babies who are really healthy on formula and I know that Kinsey will be just fine, but I really want to breastfeed her and it's just annoying that there are so many moms who don't want to nurse and have to stop their milk and here I can't make mine come in. So please pray for patience for me as I spend approximately 3 hrs plus each day on the pump. I'm so grateful for this time off of work so that I really get to spend a lot of time with Kinsey. If I can't breastfeed her, we can at least have some good mommy/daughter bonding time during the day.

Douglas and I took Kinsey to the park this evening - I'm trying to walk more to stretch out my poor cut-up muscles from the c-section and it was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon for a walk. I have to take it easy on the speed and had to rest a bit at the park before we headed home, but it was really nice to get out in the neighborhood and get some fresh air.

Well, I need to pump again and then we are going to head to dreamland. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's mom in all the pictures? You had better started taking pics of your wife Douglas!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the breastfeeding, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out. You have made such a good effort! I am so proud of you.

Love,
Stacey