Wow! I can't believe Kinsey is almost a week old now! I'm sorry we haven't been updating much - we are still getting used to having a newborn and a ton of company! It's hard to make time for things that don't involve feeding, changing, feeding, sleeping, and feeding again :)
So here are some things that have happened since we came home. When Kinsey was born, she weighed 8lbs 5oz. By the time we left the hospital on Wednesday, she was down to 7lbs 9oz. It was hard because she was sleeping so much and just wasn't interested in eating. And believe me, we tried EVERYTHING - we stripped her down, rubbed her, burped, changed her, cold washcloth, nothing was working. We went into the pediatrician on Thursday and she was down to 7lbs 3oz. Since my milk hadn't come in yet, the doctor said we needed to start supplementing with formula and come back the next day to weigh her again. For all of you parents out there, I don't have to tell you the panic and fear that goes through you when you realize your child isn't thriving. Douglas and I spent quite a bit of time in prayer over the next 24 hrs. For her part, Kinsey took to the formula really well. She ate a lot and started being more alert within just a few hours. I started pumping, trying to encourage my milk to come in.
So the next morning we took her back to the doctor and she was up from 7lbs 3oz to 7lbs 12oz. They made us weigh her twice because they couldn't believe she had gained that much in one day. But we were not surprised - God is awesome and faithful!!!

So our little piggy is doing great now - she is eating a ton and is so much fun now that she spends more time awake. Don't get me wrong, she still sleeps A TON - in fact, I'm thinking we can market her as a sleeping aid - check out the affect she's had on her grandparents today:

So, if we could ask for prayer, it would be for her continued health and that my milk would come in and she would then take to breastfeeding as well as she has taken to formula. And for patience for me as I spend way more time than I ever expected with the pump (thanks for passing yours along Dionne!!)
Other fun news - Kinsey had her first bath - she really liked having her hair washed by her Dad.
And she liked the rest of the bath ok as well, especially getting her hair dried.
We've had a few visitors since we've been home. Val & Deidre came from Hill Country Bible Church here in Austin and brought some awesome BBQ...
and Brandy Johnston from Ovilla stopped by while she was down in Austin for work.

And of course Keith & Barie, Kade & Kamden have been to visit. Kade has apparently taken some ownership, calling her "My Kinsey". They came for dinner and he left the table to go sit, guardian angel style, with her while she was in the bouncer.

When she gets older, we can embarass them both and tell them that Kinsey got her first kiss from a boy from Kade in the hospital :-)

And of course, we can't keep the grandparents away :-)


Nana and Pops got to join us for Kinsey's first walk in her neighborhood!!

And finally, Uncle Robert came to visit...

So all is going well and we couldn't be happier. Call us biased, but she's absolutely the most gorgeous, perfect, amazing creature ever to walk the planet. We are so blessed and we can't wait for all of our friends and family to get to meet her!!! Love you all!




2 comments:
Well, I guess if I can't be the first to see her from up here, I can be the first to comment. She is absolutely beautiful! I can't say she is the most beautiful little girl (wouldn't want to give Emma a complex or anything) but she is a close runner up! I can't wait to see her in person. - 2 weeks!
It would be pretty fun to see that most awesome creature walking the planet already. :) Love to you all and I need your address please.
Great-Aunt Becky
Post a Comment