Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bronchitis - anything but cute

Bronchitis has attacked our family and we don't like it one bit! Douglas was diagnosed on Sunday with "acute bronchitis" and we say there's nothing remotely cute about it. Kinsey and I did our best to stay healthy, but on Monday we both started coughing and yesterday Kinsey had some crazy fevers. I am so thankful for our pediatrician's office - one of the nurses gave us some great suggestions for over-the-counter meds and between those and a new humidifier, a couple of lukewarm baths, and a home remedy chest rub of tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil, she is feeling much better today. She slept great overnight and hasn't had fever since before bedtime. It's a helpless feeling to see your child sick - one you can't really prepare for. We have been so grateful that she hasn't been sick before now. Yesterday she was so lethargic. The fever dulled her eyes and her body was so warm and heavy. I was working overtime trying to get a smile and finally got one last night. I guess the one guilty pleasure out of the whole day was the cuddling. Kinsey is usually so incredibly busy and never sits still long enough to get a really good cuddle in. But yesterday she was content to spend most of the day on Mommy and Daddy's chest and lap. I would give anything to keep her healthy, but I didn't hate the cuddle time :).
So, a few more pictures from our Grammy & Poppi visit. Here's Kinsey at the swing overlooking the waterfall. It's such a beautiful creek and forest. This is the view from the swing looking straight ahead and then to the right. And here are a couple of other shots of Kinsey at the swing.

So I think I've mentioned that walking is the new preferred method of transportation around here. It's been fascinating to watch Kinsey go from crawling everywhere to cruising from one piece of furniture to another and really trying to figure out how to walk to where she wants to go.

We've affectionately termed this loaner from Kamden "the big red car" in honor of the Wiggles.

It is awesome - she can walk all over the place AND it plays music and teaches concepts like "open and closed" for the hood. I remember Kamden getting it for Christmas year before last from the Haizlips and we are so thankful that Kam has loaned it to Kinsey while she practices walking. Pretty soon we'll need to return it so Kale can start his walking practice.

The other walker is also a big hit. It's pretty easy to move around with and it has fun things to play with, too. So here's Kinsey wearing her precious nightgown - we think she looks like quite the little lady in it.

Sunday night, Douglas was really hurting from the bronchitis and Kinsey was determined to cheer him up. It's hard to concentrate on being sick when you have a precious laughing baby in your face.

While we were in Jasper this weekend, Kinsey got an adorable german shepherd puppy dog from her cousin Laura. It is precious and she has had a really good time playing with it.

1 comment:

Robert Hallam said...

Hi Kinsey!

I can't wait to come see you!

Love,
Uncle Robert

ps. I can't wait to come see DAHsquared, either!