It's so hard to believe that it was an entire year ago that we were in the hospital only having known her for 24 hours. I know that many of you are coming to this blogspot today eagerly looking for the pictures of Kinsey digging into her first cake. I am very sorry to disappoint you, but that's going to have to wait. As you may or may not know, we are on the third week of our three week marathon of sickness around the Hallam house. It started with me (dad) a bit more than two weeks ago when I caught some bug that a coworker brought into Starbucks. I had it for about a week getting worse and worse until Sunday evening when I went to the urgent care doctor because I was running a high fever. I had to take a couple of days off of work because I had bronchitis. Then as you probably read last week Kinsey picked up the bug and had about a week of grossness. We had all of our family come in on Thursday and Friday night and planned a big party for her on Saturday afternoon (thank goodness they were here becauase they were all such a big help through our sickness). Kinsey had run fever off and on all week, but was really doing much better until Friday afternoon. She had a pretty high fever in the afternoon and we felt like we were doing pretty good with it, but then Friday night we were all sleeping peacefully when the screaming woke us up. Kinsey was extremely hot, running a fever of 104.4. Needless to say, we were scared. We ran the lukewarm bath and cooled her down, but she was up for about 2 hours with her watching The Wiggles and taking care of her. We talked with a nurse and learned that we have to suction the nastiness out of her nose on a regular basis. We now have to hold her down and stick the bulb up her nose and get the funk out. She hates it - it's like we're killing her. Just below is the picture of Saturday morning at about 3am. Kinsey was sitting up between my legs and she leaned back because she was so sleepy. She watched The Wiggles for about 30 more minutes and then went to bed.

Fortunately that moment was the last time that we saw her with a fever. We saw the doctor on Saturday morning and we have her on antibiotics and we continue to strap her to the torture table and get the snot out of her head.
UNFORTUNATELY, mom now has the bug and it's got her down very badly. She too is on antibiotics but has spent the last two days laid up in bed. We are waiting on her to get better so that she can get back to running the house like she is used to. We have had Nana and Pops over the last two nights helping out a lot, and we're very grateful for that. They take such good care of us.
So after all of that, for those of you who are anxiously awaiting our beautiful daughter's 1 year photos and in particular the fun pics of her first birthday cake - we promise that will happen before the end of the month. You'll probably see some 1-year pictures next week, and then we're planning a re-try of the party thing for a bit later in the month. We're looking forward to it as well.
Right now we're watching American Idol and getting some rest, so in the fashion of Randy Jackson - - - Good Lookin' Out - - - --- whatever the heck that means.
1 comment:
Hi Kinsey. Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe you are a year old already!!!
I'm sorry I didn't tell you happy birthday sooner. I had it on my calendar and everything, but I got some yucky sinus junk that kept me in bed until today, so I'm sorry this is late.
I hope you had a super birthday and got lots of cool presents.
Big hugs and lots of love,
Marni (and Dane, Lindsay and Peyton too!)
Post a Comment