It's been pretty windy and cold here lately, but we're bundling her up and taking her out as much as we can. And before nervous Grandma-types tell me I should keep her inside, I will share with you the words of Parenting magazine "babies in Sweden survive." Bundle them up, they'll be fine. She loves to go outside. If you even say the word, she just repeats over and over in this excited voice, "Sigh, Sigh, Sigh!!!" until we go out. So here she is in her penguin outfit. The penguin slippers are courtesy of our friends Jacob and Emma, who we hope will be in Round Rock with us very soon!!! 
And now for the small rant - I don't know if you watched the Grammys the other night, but whoever planned the event owes a huge apology to me and to my man Don Henley. They did a "tribute" to his years in music which involved Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts singing Hotel California, Desperado, and Life in the Fast Lane. Disclaimer: I love Carrie Underwood and I enjoy Rascal Flatts - they are very talented Country singers. BUT the Eagles and Don Henley are not a country band - they are, in my humble opinion, the greatest band that ever has played, and some of their songs can cross over to the country genre, like Take It Easy and Desperado, but that doesn't mean they are country songs. And Rascal Flatts singing Hotel California was about the most painful thing I've endured in a long time - it was way too electric and whiny. Carrie did ok with Desperado, but pardon me ladies, that is a man's song. It just IS. And Life In The Fast Lane? Please. I can't even begin to describe how wrong that was.
So if playing his songs wasn't enough of a slap in the face, they then bring out Don, one of the greatest Icons of music history, to the stage with Scarlett Johansson. I'm not a huge fan of her as an actress but now she wants to sing? So they send this "celebrity" out with Don and script for her to ask him if he has any advice for her - and he says "No". Rude? Maybe, but that setup was just the highlight of insult to me - here's a guy who writes songs, plays multiple instruments, has had a career spanning decades and is a passionate artist of music, with a little actress chippy who wants to record a cd. Give me a break. Anyway, likely that an apology isn't coming from the Grammy people for the double-slap in the face but Don, if you're reading this, and I know you aren't, I was offended for you.
So if playing his songs wasn't enough of a slap in the face, they then bring out Don, one of the greatest Icons of music history, to the stage with Scarlett Johansson. I'm not a huge fan of her as an actress but now she wants to sing? So they send this "celebrity" out with Don and script for her to ask him if he has any advice for her - and he says "No". Rude? Maybe, but that setup was just the highlight of insult to me - here's a guy who writes songs, plays multiple instruments, has had a career spanning decades and is a passionate artist of music, with a little actress chippy who wants to record a cd. Give me a break. Anyway, likely that an apology isn't coming from the Grammy people for the double-slap in the face but Don, if you're reading this, and I know you aren't, I was offended for you.Off my soapbox now, must work on lunch - have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment