Tuesday, September 05, 2006

6 months old!!! - Updated


Hi everyone!!! I'm 6 months old today! This is me eating my first veggie - Sweet Potatoes. I'm getting really good at it - it's yummy and a lot easier to make a big mess with than plain old formula. Mom says she'll write more later, but she wanted to go ahead and get these two pictures up now!


Hi everyone - it's Darin. Kinsey said I could take over the blog for a little bit. Douglas and I cannot believe she's 6 months old already!! I know I say that every month, but 6 months seems so old compared to the tiny little infant we brought home from the hospital in March.

She is still sitting up great - getting better every day at balancing and sitting back up on her own when she falls over. And she is really enjoying eating big girl food! We started with a little bit of rice cereal and some yummy Sweet Potatoes. I found a great website - www.wholesomebabyfood.com that has tons of recipes and information on making homemade baby food. It's really not very hard, but it does take a bit of planning and time. Grammy and Poppi were here this weekend so I was able to do a lot while they played with Kinsey. Basically you just steam or bake the fruit or veggie and then puree it in the food processor or blender to the desired consistency and then freeze it either in ice cube trays or in little blobs on a cookie sheet and then stick it all in a ziploc. So far we've got sweet potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, acorn squash, applesauce, and peaches all just waiting in the freezer to be introduced to little punkin's palate. Still to come: mango, banana, carrots, peas, and green beans. Of course, it's not the easiest thing to feed a baby as many of you know. The veggies have ended up everywhere from her hair to her ear and my favorite - up her nose. She loves grabbing the spoon and putting it in her mouth by herself.

Tomorrow we try squash and zucchini - mmmm good. By the way - peach puree is really really good - so are pureed Gala apples.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
My name is Catherine Watson and I work at Lake OHara lodge. I have had a great visit with your mom and Bob. They say hello and send their best to you all. I love your web site, what a little cutie you have!! Take Care