Sunday, April 30, 2006

8 weeks old today!



Hello everyone - Happy Sunday! Today Kinsey is 8 weeks old. Here's how she celebrated:

It's amazing to me how fast time has flown by since she was born - I know, it's cliche and everyone says it but I never believed it until she was here. Every day she seems bigger and she's doing something new every time I turn around.


Today we watched Cold Mountain - a movie I refused to watch for a long time because I couldn't stand Renee Zellweger's accent in the previews. I stand corrected - she was phenomenal, not to mention hilarious and it's a great movie. So good that even our cat enjoyed it. For those of you who miss Bullet - he's still awesome, as are the other two. A little neglected, but they're doing ok :)

But I had a point in bringing up that movie. I've always been a bit of a sap. But now it sneaks up on me in unexpected fierce waves of emotion. There's a scene in Cold Mountain with Natalie Portman and her sick infant and those awful Yankee soldiers come and take her sick baby outside and leave him screaming and uncovered on the cold winter ground to threaten her into giving them her livestock. I was holding Kinsey and watching this scene and it just tore me to pieces. Douglas heard me sniffling and we both agreed it's totally different now that you have a baby. And silently agreed that Moms are emotional basketcases :)

On the fun side, here's a picture I dedicate to my friend Barie Ferguson - I always gave her a hard time and swore I would never give in to naked baby pictures and here's my little girl topless after her bath, just for Barie :)

Speaking of the Fergusons - we had a great night with them on Friday night - Kinsey had some fun on the floowr with Kade and Kamden. They were so sweet with her, hugging and kissing. And Kade was really helpful with getting the pacifier in her mouth when she dropped it. She is so lucky to have such awesome little boys in her life and I know Kale will be another great one. It's going to be really fun to watch them grow up together!
Ok, when she's a teenager, she will kill me for capturing this on film, but it's just so funny that I can't resist. This is the famous "poop face". I wish I had sound effects on the blog so you could hear the accompanying grunts and moans. Kinsey, I apologize in advance for any humiliation you might experience from this photograph, but we all love you and we've all been there:
She really is changing so much - smiling all the time and so close to laughing and giggling, especially when she's with her goofy Daddy. He's the one who elicits those great smiles for the pictures! And she has a couple of rattles that she can almost grab. She's still sleeping awesome at night - sometimes up to 7 hrs but usually around 6 or 6 1/2. And then after a bottle she'll go back down for another 3 or so. This Thursday we go to the pediatrician to see how long and chubby she is now. I'll be sure to share the info. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Barie Sue said...

We had a great time on Friday night too! You know, I love the picture of Kinsey after her bath, but I still didn't read the sentence, "Barie, I was so wrong for ever giving you a hard time about your naked baby pictures :)" Just kidding. Ya'll have a great week! I'm sure we'll see you sometime this weekend.

Anonymous said...

OK those pictures are the cutest ever!!!!!! I want t know after only 8 weeks how Douglas gets her to perform on demand, those smiles are way to cute. The first picture looks like she just won her first race. Sooo I heard you admitting to Barie that you were wrong about the naked baby pictures, but I failed to hear anything to Mufasa about all the fat jokes, cuz I'm pretty sure that your cat is looking a little on the fluffy side!! Last but not least that is terrible posting her poop pictures, shame on you (lol). Talk to you soon, love you guys.