Friday, April 21, 2006

More Ovilla visitors

Renee and Nancy and Isaac made the trip down this Wednesday. It was great to see them and really great to meet Isaac. We sure do miss everyone "up north" but it is so great to see you guys when we can. Here's Nancy and her son Isaac.
And here's Renee holding Kinsey:


Then Douglas came over and we hung out with the Fergusons for a while. Kamden is getting so big and Kade still loves his Kinsey:


Kinsey had a couple of rough nights of keeping Momma up most of the night, but last night was back to her good 7 hrs in a row! When she's not sleeping...

...she's very observant and has been smiling a lot - it's hard to get a picture of her smiling, she seems to have a sixth sense about when I have the camera. But here's a sort of smile:

On a personal note, I'd like to request prayer for two of my family members. My grandfather, Bill, has recently been hospitalized for pancreatitis. Please keep him and my grandmother, Marie, in your prayers. They live in Silsbee, TX - they were here to visit recently and I posted some pictures on the blog. Please pray that he is home healthy very soon!

The other prayer request is for my California family - Bob's cousin Jim just passed away. Please keep his wife Sharon, and his kids, Kevin and Kim and their families in your prayers. They live close to San Diego. Jim has always had a very special place in my heart - he was one of those people you meet who you just want to spend more time with. When we would visit him when I was younger, I remember his eyes always sparkled and I loved his voice. He was just so kind and always made me feel special. We saw him in a play of the Sound of Music in an outdoor theater on one visit, and I felt so proud that I knew someone on the stage :). I have never gotten to spend as much time with our California family as I would like, but I am so thankful that God brought them into my life and that I can call them family. Jim led a blessed life and I know he is in Heaven now with his Father and can't wait for the rest of us to join him.

The McBrides are here visiting with us this weekend so I'll post some more pictures soon. Have a wonderful weekend! - - Darin

No comments: