Wow - I really thought I had already posted all of the Easter pics and kite flying and such that make up this post. Apparently I had uploaded the photos but not put any captions. So, here we go (if my memory serves):
Douglas is a really good crochet-er. He made this precious hat for Taggart and Tag loved it.



The kids had been asking to fly kites, so we took 3 of them to the park. One was missing some key parts, one would not get off the ground no matter what we tried, and the third one, a turtle with a tail of baby turtles was AMAZING!!! I have never flown a kite that really wanted to stay in the air like this one. We sent it super high into the sky and the kids were having a blast.



Tag just wanted to run. We let him pull the one that wouldn't fly and he just ran around with it.

See? Told you it was high!



Such a cutie

So Kinsey was holding it really tight and then there was a huge gust of wind and the kite was gone! It flew across the park, over the road, and up into a tree. Kinsey and Douglas chased it and I tried to keep Tag from following them while I gathered up two broken kites and our stuff. Tag and I finally caught up with them down the trail and Douglas found the tree. He climbed the tree and saved the kite, which his kids thought was really cool.

Then we hiked a bit and the kids got a shoulder ride.




It was an awesome day and we still have our awesome kite!
We dyed some eggs for an early Easter celebration at the Kedroskis one night - Kinsey and Owen had fun with the white crayon. Kinsey ended up making some pretty cool colors by just continuously soaking the eggs in all the colors :)


Tag moved into a big boy bed last week. He thinks it's really cool and so far he's doing really well. Kinsey had to break it in with some reading.


Tucking him in at night is so fun now. We do prayer time and a song and he whispers all of it and says "I yuv you!" He's such a big boy now. It breaks my heart and causes such joy all at the same time. The other day when he was yelling at me to come get him up from nap, I came in and he said "So nice to see you!" I about fell over. Where do they learn these phrases? He has absorbed so much lately. He can sing whole songs from church - usually on the changing table, but also when he's swinging. It's amazing to me what they can learn at this age - such sponges!
For Easter, we spent Saturday evening out at Pops and Nana's house. Tag got to play multiple sports at once...


And Kinsey and Nana played hide-and-seek with Pops.



Twirling...



Happy kid :)


Our princess...



Then it was time to hide and hunt eggs. Normally you only hide your eyes while the eggs are being hidden...

But Tag got a little confused about hiding and finding eggs because he's really into playing hide-and-seek and the whole counting thing, so he would cover his eyes, count to 10, say "ready or not here i come", find an egg, and then cover his eyes and count again.

But they figured it out and found some good stuff!



Then it was time to decorate the bunny cake!



Time to eat the bunny cake!




Random pics - all from Douglas' iPhone so forgive the quality:



Easter dress

Tag's first night in his big boy bed

I was cleaning out the garage and Kinsey was "helping"

Douglas' Mac takes cool pics and puts backgrounds in them. Looks pretty realistic to me.
1 comment:
Super cute! I love that your hubby climbed the tree to save the kite. He's a hero!
Adore the pick of the kiddos walking and holding hands. That's frame-worthy!
Post a Comment