Grammy came to visit just before my birthday and Kinsey was determined that they were going to make me a cake. I had to leave the house for my "surprise rainbow cake" as she called it.

It was delicious!


Here's my "happy birthday Mommy" good morning hugs.

Mostly they just wanted to play with my balloons.

In honor of my birthday...

Precious - will he kill me someday for giving him this hat?

While Grammy was here, they had some couch-fun. Here's Kinsey and Grammy pretending to be asleep. Love the face on that kid.

And here's Tag screeching "wake up!"

And storytime...

One day while Grammy was here, we heard the ice cream truck outside. She got very nostalgic and grabbed the kids to go get some ice cream. That's a very sweet story. And she's a very sweet grandmother. BUT I had sort of intentionally always played dumb when that ice cream truck song started playing and now my kids know what it means!!!




As I mentioned in my last post, we had a photographer come to MOPS and talk to us about different ways to approach child photography. One thing she said was to change our perspective and get down and take pics of feet and hands and shots from beneath. So here are a few of Tag.


She really encouraged us to not pose the kids but to just let them do what they're doing. What I love about this kid is that he wants to be right in the middle of everything. So I'm trying to get these cool foot shots and instead he just plops down on his belly and gets right in the camera and gives me the greatest shot of the whole month.


For my birthday, some friends and I went out on the town - The Oasis and Hey Cupcake, two of my favorite Austin spots :) Can't really believe I'm 34!

Tag and Kins got their first co-haircut. I had to set up a movie for him so he'd sit still. It was at the point where he could not see through his bangs, so we finally took him in and the sweet ladies at Salon Ciao Bella took care of us :)

Finally the day came for Kinsey's airplane ride. This was her Christmas present and we thought she was going to burst with excitement. So Tag and I dropped Douglas and Kinsey off at the airport in Austin and then we drove to Huntsville. About that time, CC left Huntsville for Houston and picked them up at the airport there and then drove them back to H-ville where we all spent the weekend. Very fun.


Our awesome friend from Ovilla, Terri Brown, had hooked Kinsey up with the Southwest Airlines royal treatment. She was announced at the gate where everyone clapped for her first plane ride. She and Douglas got to board first, meet the flight attendant, see the cockpit, and choose their seat. I think her favorite part was getting to drink juice out of a grown-up cup :). She had a blast and can't wait to do it again. How do we break it to her that you don't get that treatment on every flight???


We had a great weekend in H-ville and got to celebrate our nephew Walker's 1st birthday. The kids love the music room at Obi & CC's house. Here are Kinsey and Tag playing piano with CC.


and Tag is OBSESSED with Obi's guitar and bass. Probably no less than a hundred times while we were there he would walk up to one of us and put his hands out and say "Where Obi 'tar?" After we got home, it didn't end! He still, to this day will randomly talk about "Obi gi-tar" & "Obi bass" and tell me that they are at Obi's house.


While we were there, the girls decorated a gingerbread house (don't all of you do that in January??)

We had not been taking Tag to restaurants for quite some time because he sort of turns into melt-down, freak-out, LET-ME-OUT-OF-THIS-HIGHCHAIR-NOW kid. But Obi & CC suggested Buffalo Wild Wings and it worked like a charm. So many lights, so much noise, so much chicken, and of course - Obi!

Here's Kinsey with her friend Lucy - I'm not sure what they were doing, probably watching Dinosaur Train.

Douglas and I started crocheting recently (I know, it sounds strange, but we are turning out some pretty cool projects) and I made a hat for Kinsey that Tag wanted to try on. He likes hats. Check back soon for a pic of a cool beanie Daddy made for him last month.


For Christmas, Aunt Crystal and Uncle Brian got Kinsey a cake decorating set and it is awesome! It's kind of a velcro thing with different fruits and icing shapes you can use as toppings. She and Tag have a blast playing with it.

Kinsey is really good about not asking for tons of stuff when we go shopping. But for months, in the checkout at Walmart, she would play with this little Ariel doll (who she daily reminds us is her favorite princess) and would occasionally ask if she could have it. Well I finally caved one day and it was like the clouds parted and the angels sang for about two days...until she moved onto something else of course :). Nana couldn't come on that Thursday night and so I was supposed to take this picture and show her the new Ariel doll. Oops :)

Is there a company that insures workers-comp for grandparents? Nana and Pops come every Thursday and I'm starting to worry about them :)


This is Tag's "praying face". He loves to thank God for our food and for this day, but he looks sort of sinister while he's doing it :-)

I'm so nuts about my little boy. Every day I think he can't get cuter and then somehow he does.


And just for the record, when grandparents and cousins aren't here, the kid does eat vegetables :)

...and he is fascinated with grabbing the camera

No comments:
Post a Comment