Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend with Grandparents

Well, we'd like to start this post by wishing Nana a very speedy recovery!! We miss you and hope to see you very soon!

So last week we went to Dallas and met Obi and CC at the Gaylord Texan for a couple of nights of play (and a little work). We had such a great time with them. The highlights for Kinsey included escalators, elevators, and berries of every shape and color :). Here's a few fun shots...We had a great set of rooms on the 9th floor with an awesome view of the atrium. The 9th floor is the top floor of the hotel. Now put on your paranoid Mom hat and imagine my momentary panic to come in from walking around and see this...Once I realized they were stable, I had to take some pictures because how cute are they???One night we took Kinsey down after dark to walk around. She had on her pj's, her favorite Dora jacket, and her way-cool new juice cup from Obi and CC with a carry-strap. Here we are on our after-dark stroll...Even though it was not terribly hot, Daddy braved the water to take the little punkin swimming and she had a blast. Here's a slide show of the pool fun.

It was a really fun couple of days and we hope to do it again sometime. It was good to be home though. Kinsey has been really enjoying having her Daddy around more often. He sure makes her laugh. Here's some shots of her being silly the other night.

Here are some cute pics of Tag where you can see his beautiful blue eyes. So far there's no indication that they will turn brown like Kinsey's did, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Not that there's anything wrong with brown eyes, but Douglas' eyes were one of the first things that drew me to him, so I love seeing them in my little boy's face as well.And here he is enjoying his movie. When Kinsey was a baby, we got these Baby Praise videos which basically has worship songs (kids singing them) and then video of animals, kids playing, etc. Tag LOVES them just like Kinsey did. And Kinsey's rediscovering her love for them. Kinsey got to have some fun with Emma this past week. Here they are playing with the doctor kit. Shortly after they gave exams to several unsuspecting stuffed animals. Doesn't Kinsey make a convincing patient?One of Kinsey's favorite things to do (and I'll admit this is really bizarre) is to put her friends "night-night" on our toilet. I have NO idea where she came up with this, but a few months ago while she was hanging out with me while I was getting ready, she just wandered in there, put the lid down, grabbed a stuffed animal and put it on there and told me that she was putting her night-night. Over time, this routine has expanded and now she says prayers with the friend, sings a lullaby, and most recently, reads a story...I know, it's very strange. I think it's a major power role-play thing. Sometimes the friend doesn't want to go night-night so she gets to talk them in to it. And then sometimes they are crying and she has to go in and rock them. It's quite interesting to see my words, songs, mannerisms mimicked in my daughter's role play.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I love to see the updates, if you don't quit doing them at midnight, I am going to have to confiscate your computer!

Schell Family said...

LOVE the 1st picture of her as the patient - that is so funny!

Also - the night-night thing is hysterical. My girls still love to play putting babies to bed and they totally mimic me too :)!