Wednesday, November 07, 2007

November Update!

Hi everyone! Happy November! Fall is officially here and we are so excited. Kinsey turned 20 months this week - and we celebrated with a walk in the cold air! She was all bundled up and she loved the cold wind. The kid loves accessories - I told her we were going on a walk and I swear I couldn't get the sunglasses and hat on her fast enough - she's very demanding when it comes to getting dressed :-). Today it was chilly in the house and she decided to get cozy with a blanket and some books. Last week wasn't quite so cool, but fall has definitely been in the air. Here's a shot of Kinsey in the front yard while she was hunting acorns with Pops and Nana. And here they are on a walk - check out that tree - who says we don't get fall colors in Texas :)
So I'm currently in my 10th week of pregnancy - a friend of mine found some cool pictures online of what developing fetuses look like. So if we could look at Peanut right now, here's something like what we'd see:
I'm starting to feel a little bit better. The nausea has decreased somewhat and I'm trying to get more rest. For those of you who haven't heard, I quit my job and my last day will be Friday, November 16th. Of all the many things I have to be thankful for this month, the opportunity to stay home with my daughter and spend more time taking care of my house and family ranks at the top of the list! I could swear I felt Peanut move today - I'm sure it had more to do with the pizza I had for lunch than the baby, but it just reminded me that soon I will be able to feel him/her doing gymnastics and I can't wait!!!

I hope you guys all caught the Eagles tonight on the Country Music Awards. They were awesome, although I prefer them in person :). Kinsey and I danced like crazy people while they sang and thanks to the brilliance of Tivo, we will probably do it at least once a day!!!

Douglas is doing a "holiday set" tonight, which means they are totally re-decorating the store for Christmas and putting out all of the holiday wonderment :). Apparently doing it late at night enhances the magic of the experience, so they are doing it from 9pm until 3am or so tonight. If you didn't know this, my husband is absolutely incredible. He's doing such an awesome job managing his store - he's got some great people there and he's really motivating them to do an awesome job and improve the performance of the location. I can't wait to see the store tomorrow - I'll try to get a picture up soon :). Kinsey and I have been making frequent trips to Starbucks to see Daddy because he's been working so much. Kinsey's favorite activity there is to be chased around the kiosks by Daddy. I'm not sure if the customers enjoy the shrieking but so far we haven't been kicked out. The kid really cracks me up - anytime we're at a store and see the Starbucks symbol, she yells "Daddy work Starbucks!!!" And tonight at the store, she walked around the whole time pointing at the coffee and Christmas boxes and saying it. It's so fun to watch her get excited. She is so quick to laugh and she just loves her Daddy!

Well, I hope you have a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kinsey, you know what Emma says about Starbucks? When I tell her we are going there, she says, you mean the one where Mr. Douglas (that's your daddy) is bein' the boss?

You young girls catch on quick!

Schell Family said...

Darin - I am so excited for you that you get to stay home full time! What a special time it will be for you and your children! Congratulations!
Love, Stace

Anonymous said...

One of these (in front of the white vehicle) looks so much like Laura!!
Rita and Ashley

Robert Hallam said...

I'm starting to see the family resemblance!