Hey everyone - it's Darin, taking over Kinsey's blog for a bit to share our awesome news. The Charter Service for Hill Country Bible Church Round Rock North was last night. We are now officially a church! Douglas and I could not be more proud and humbled at the same time to serve with this awesome ministry. We had 97 signatures on the charter document, representing some 53 families who are ready to reach Round Rock with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Here is a link to our website: http://hillcountrybible.org/. You can read more about us and our mission and vision there. We will be meeting at the Round Rock YMCA every Sunday morning at 9am and 10:30am, starting next Sunday, August 26th.
To brag on my husband for a bit, he has done a fantastic job gathering awesome Worship and Decor teams that, together with the work-horses of the Facilities team, have absolutely TRANSFORMED the YMCA's gym into a warm and welcoming place of worship. It was beautiful and the sound was incredible. Douglas has become a great guitar player and it blows my mind that he can sing and play guitar at the same time. So awesome! The service was such a beautiful time of commitment and thanksgiving for how far God has brought us in this process. We have the best ministry team I have ever seen - Keith is so excited and on fire about this and Nick's passion for children and families has inspired so many already. I am so blessed that my husband works with such awesome men of God who continue to inspire him and each other to grow and serve.
The next two Sundays (8/26 and 9/2) are technically practice services to get ready for our big launch service on 9/9/07. I am going to be teaching 4th and 5th grade girls and boys Sunday School and I'm really excited about getting to teach again. Kinsey will be attending the Zoe Kidz preschool program every Sunday and though she doesn't know it yet, she will love it!
God has blessed each and every one of us who have been a part of this church plant so far and though we know the most work is yet to come, we are so thrilled to be on this ride. Thank you for all of your prayers and support of us - come visit soon and check us out!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so excited for y'all that you are living your dream, and I am so proud of you both. Kinsey is so blessed to have such devout and devoted parents. I love you all. Love, Grammy
Post a Comment