So yes, we made it back from the beach and back to real life. Right off the bat, we got hit with the flu (thank you Harlingen ER germs). For three nights, she slept with me on the couch. The first night, during a deep flu stupor, I was snuggling her with my back to the room and she said "Mommy, what does he want to do?" and I said "who baby?" she pointed over my shoulder and replied, "that man over there". Yea, that was a little freaky. A few hours later, in her sleep she asked me why everyone else gets to be in the swimming pool and she has to be over here. When I said, "what punkin??" she opened her eyes and looked at me and said "Mommy, where is your head?"
Middle of the night crashed on the sofa:

Here's Kinsey on the sick couch with her buds. This was about 16 hours into the flu. She woke up and sighed heavily and said "Mommy, I just remembered I don't feel good."

This was a morning nap - could she be any cuter?

About 10 minutes before this picture was taken, Kinsey said "Mommy I don't want to sleep anymore but my eyes keep closing!"

I have to say that even though she felt awful, Kinsey was incredibly precious and I really treasure the snuggling and resting on the couch we got to share for a couple of fevered days. So much so that I will post this really not great picture of me so you can see how cute it was to cuddle with her...

It seems like forever since I've gotten to feel the warm weight of Kinsey sleeping on me - I hate that she felt bad, but I wouldn't have been anywhere else. Even though she kicks in her sleep :). And yes, she wore her fancy princess gown for about 3 days. I'm pretty sure I had a mild dose of the old flu myself by day 2 of her sickness and did quite a bit of resting myself. We were so happy that Tag didn't get sick. He was a real trooper, too, and even though he watched endless Dora, he kept us smiling with tricks like this - pretending to conduct serious business on his headset.

After the flu passed, she got hit with a secondary bronchial infection - yea, more fever, more feeling bad. After a few days of that, we were really ready to be back among the living. Daddy brought home a couple of small pumpkins and you would've thought it was Christmas around here :)


Kinsey is in an awesome new Sunday School class and her teachers have been sending us pictures. I love that there are other adults who love my kids and pour God's love into them each week.



For Halloween, Daddy brought home an awesome pumpkin and carving kit. Kinsey was way excited and picked out the spider - probably one of the most tedious ones in the book. They had a blast and tasked me with roasting the seeds which turned out ridiculously delicious!!!!!!!!!!!





Late in the month of October, it was time again for haircuts. It's pretty tough to get both kiddos into the salon so I bribed Melissa with homemade pizza for her and her kids, so she came out to the house and gave AWESOME haircuts to my kiddos. Kinsey thought it was pretty cool that she got a haircut outside.

And Tag got his cut in his chair - we plied him with cookies to stay still as possible, which translated into crazy behavior afterwards.

After a summer of crazy heat and several days of feeling sick this month, when the cool snap hit, the kids were thrilled to hit the playscape in the backyard.






Tag's favorite song (and best trick) is the LeapFrog Letter Factory "The A says aaaaa" song. He can do all of the sounds of the alphabet and pick out most of his letters when he sees them. For whatever reason, he LOVES this song and laughs and yells the answers. So in the pics where he has an open mouth, he is doing a letter sound, and of course Kinsey loves to join in.




I've been trying to get a good video of it, and I've got a decent one but I'm going to keep trying. He is easily distracted and the best "performance" of the song comes on the changing table. But whenever he sees the video, he either yells "CHEEEEESE!!!!" or just laughs. Anyway, here's the decent one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment