Kinsey was thrilled to find out that Grammy has Handy Manny on her tv, too! She put on a dress-up outfit of mine from when I was a kid and cuddled up in Grammy's bed. I think there's pictures of the outfit on Grammy's camera.

Easter weekend was great - we went to Pops and Nana's house for some egg-dyeing. Kinsey got pretty excited about it but didn't make too much of a mess.
Emma came over last week and the girls played in the backyard for a while. I set up Kinsey's cute table and chairs and made them smoothies. They are such big girls now and I loved watching them out there, like ladies with lattes :) - After a loud noise "When that noise is really loud, it really freaks me up and I start fussing."
- "That was very impressant"
- I think I blogged before about Kinsey's word "clo" - as a refresher, her logical mind says that "clothes" is the plural and "clo" is the singular. I hope she NEVER gives this up. She was looking at a new shirt of mine in a picture and said "Mommy that is a really nice clo, when did you get that new clo?"
- Every morning she says "Can I leave my nightgown on for a little while?" Not "good morning" or "Hi Mommy" - it's all about the nightgown. The next statement after I say yes is "Oh. Ok. I need some dressy shoes." And that's what she puts on, the dressiest shoes she can find to go with her nightgown.
- Kinsey takes a nap every afternoon which she calls a "morning nap" and going to sleep at night is called the "dark nap". Everything is measured in the number of dark naps. So if someone is coming to visit in 3 days, she needs to know how many dark naps that is. If I tell her at breakfast that someone is coming over that afternoon, she says "after this nap?" which means the afternoon nap. The dark nap is a big topic of conversation.
-Today they studied in Sunday School about Jesus telling the disciples that he would be coming back. We talked about Heaven and she said that we should go up in the sky and fly up to Heaven to see Jesus and the disciples. She said, "We could take an airplane! Or a helicopter! Or a (move to a whisper) flying horse!!!"
- After having grandparents for a week while we were in the Bahamas, I gave her a Flintstone vitamin one day and she said, "Umm Mommy, Nana asks me which color I'd like to have"
- While making pancakes with Douglas Saturday morning, we told her we needed an egg and she said "Comin' right up!"
- This is a sample of our normal playtime - usually while I'm doing dishes or laundry - this particular one was last week:
Kinsey: Ok Mommy, I am going to have a baby and we are at the hospital. You are the waiter.
Me: The waiter? The hospital waiter?
Kinsey: Yes. What is your name going to be?
Me: How about Joe?
Kinsey: Ok. Yes. Ok. Your name is Joe. And I have to wear shoes because if I don't have shoes on, then you won't let me have the baby.
Me: Huh. Ok.
Kinsey: Oh, but first I'm going to the doctor so she can check the baby out and also look at my bug bites.
We love our Thursday night Small Group even though it's impossible to get away with anything with that gang. ONE time I forgot that it was our snack night and all I had was a small bag of Ritz Bitz and since then it's been merciless teasing. So this past week I decided to bring a dessert that would erase the Ritz Bitz incident from their minds. I found this awesome recipe in the KraftFoods magazine and decided to make it. They only suggested one chocolate dipped strawberry but give me a break! Anyway, here is the link to the recipe - super easy and really really good. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/layered-strawberry-cheesecake-bowl-112585.aspx
1 comment:
Darin, I love the blonde in your hair :-) And I just gotta say, when Tag smiles, he looks exactly like you!!
Post a Comment