If you do watch American Idol, then you must either love or hate Taylor Hicks. Personally I LOVE him - to me, he's totally authentic and comfortable with who he is. He doesn't hold back when he's performing, whether he's dorky dancing or wearing some insane outfit that my Dad probably owned in 1974. And I love that he's this weird mix of Ray Charles and Joe Cocker and Van Morrison. I liked him from the beginning, became a huge fan when he did "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", and considered making him the second Mr. Darin Hallam when he sang the Beatles "Something (in the way she moves)". And now he's in the finals with Katherine who is also awesome - it's going to be really close I think but I can't wait to see it because they are both so awesome. I have to give a quick shout out to my Haizlip peeps who aren't crazy about either one of these 2 finalists - we disagree on the important things like AI, but I love you guys anyway :-) RETRACTION: It has been brought to my attention that I misspoke - Trenton Haizlip is on the Soul Patrol train with us and has been from the beginning - I always knew I liked that Trenton. And Chelsea likes Taylor, but I'm not sure she's really nuts about him like the rest - after all, she's still sad about Bucky leaving.
In case Taylor does a google on himself and ends up on this blog (yea right), a quick message for him:
We tried to vote for you last night dude but the lines were constantly busy!!! And just so you know, we WILL be buying your cd as soon as it comes out!!! GO TAYLOR!!!
And yes, it's midnight and I'm up late waiting for my sis-in-law to have a baby (see post below) and I'm thinking about all the really important things in life as I let my mother-in-law rock my baby to sleep so I can just hang out.
Love to you all!!
-Darin
2 comments:
Okay slow down Darin and breath! That was crazy, you need to start a Taylor fan club. However!Trenton is very upset you have your info wrong, there is only one Haizlip that does not care for Taylor the other one I thought was his biggest fan (now I think he is the second biggest fan). Remember we talked about this at your house, how you both loved him? He would like you to make a public apology and to make it clear to everyone that he has loved and supported Taylor since day one!!!. Taylor if you read this no offense, Trenton thinks you rock, I just prefer Chris (Chelsea just informed me that there are two Haizlips that don't like Taylor, she is still upset about Bucky.)We love you too Darin talk to you soon.
Ok, Darin I guess you might like Taylor just a little bit? Well you can add another to your Soul Patrol, because I do too. I'm not as big of a fan as you, but I was really hoping he would win. I'm anxious to see what's next with him.
The AI tour has added some Texas dates to their tour. But it's after school starts so I've been hesitant to get tickets. They're probably gone by now anyway...oh well!
Post a Comment