Ok, so as I recently posted on Facebook, I have recently been consumed with a renewed interest in crocheting in the evenings, which is the time I used to use to blog. So I'm consequently very very behind. And you know what happens when you get really behind - you are tempted to just scrap several months and start from recent. But, shockingly (!) I am also behind in scrapbooking. So, lest I decide some day to scrapbook with no idea about what happened from Nov 2009-Feb 2010, I will go ahead and blog those months for posterity. Feel free to skim :).
So in November, we went to Leif Shock's birthday party. Unfortunately, I was not on top of things enough to actually take pics of the party itself, I just followed the kids around for some of the play time. So I promise, there were other kids there! Anyway, it was at this very cool park on a sort of big pond and a cool playground and our little boy had a blast. I mean how cute is this kid?

And how gorgeous are my men???

To most of you, this may seem like an ordinary picture of two kids on a monkey climbing thing, but this is actually a big deal because physicality has not been one of Kinsey's strengths but she is coming around and climbing this by herself was a big deal for her :)

Crab still goes everywhere with us and here Tag was giving him a ride on the horse. He also climbed the monkey bars and went on the slide.

A random cute picture of Kinsey at our friend's house...

So in November we did a Ministry Appreciation Banquet for our church volunteers. It's basically a time when we humiliate ourselves for their enjoyment. This year, the staff and elder wives were "volun-told" that we would be participating in a performance. The staff wives and I sang a medley of 50s/60s songs and dressed in outfits picked out by Douglas and Nick (our Families Pastor). I got to lip sync "It's My Party" and be a back-up singer for Aretha. Douglas was Elvis, Nick was Vanilla Ice, and the Elders were the Village People. It was a hilarious night and we had a blast.


My lovely co-singers:

The next day we took the costumes back to Lucy In Disguise downtown. We parked in front of this cool blue wall and had to take Kinsey's picture.


Random funny Tag shots with sunglasses


Cute Mommy/Kinsey tickle time

Douglas built a cross for a Sunday morning and Kinsey was beyond thrilled to get to use a hammer for a while :)

Our church hosted a Ladie's Christmas Dinner and my friend Dionne and I decorated a "Tacky Texan Christmas" table. It was a riot. All of the decorations lit up or sang obnoxious songs (we even had a moose in a moving rocking chair and a dancing cactus), we made everyone wear funny hats, we played Bingo and other games from WalMart and ate off of styrofoam and paper plates. We may not have had the prettiest table but we definitely had the most fun!

More cuteness - I don't think we'll ever run out

Cousin Laura came and spent a few awesome days the week before Christmas. We love her visits.



Do you love messy kid hair and face in the mornings??? Me too!!!

Special Mexico trip post coming next...
No comments:
Post a Comment